Ride to Time
The Ride to Time Program comprises of Horse Trial’s graded riders from across the ten Pony Club Victoria Zones attending a series of training and qualifying sessions where professional jockeys and/or suitably accredited Ride To Time coaches will assist riders with the skills required for riding at a given speed in either Maiden or Open categories.
Zone Qualifying events give riders an opportunity to practise riding to these times throughout the duration of the training session. On completion of this training, riders will be selected to represent their Zone at the Ride to Time State Championships to be held at Moonee Valley Racecourse in Melbourne.
Qualifiers are scheduled by Zones at a local race track in coordination with PCV, RV and their designated officials. A total of 20 riders, comprising of a finalist from each Zone, in each section will represent their Zone at the State Championship event. Track pads may also be provided by RV at some training days to teach riders how to ride using track rider and jockey techniques.
Find below a list of zone events for 2022 and links to entries (if open). Riders can attend Zone Qualifiers anywhere in the state. Your recorded times are forwarded to your Zone. Riders must attend two qualifiers to be eligible to attend the State Final.
Optimum riding times:
OPEN: Grade 1 & 2 riders will ride 1000m aiming for 109 sec/1minute 49 seconds – 4 x 22 sec furlongs, and 1 x 21 sec furlong
MAIDEN: Grade 3, 4, 5 riders will ride 1000m aiming for 120 sec/2 minutes – 5 x 24 sec furlong
PCV is pleased to announce that Off The Track (Racing Victoria) is kindly sponsoring the 2022 Ride To Time Zone Qualifiers. At the end of the series, each zone will present a trophy rug to the Best Performed OTT Maiden and Open Horse. Riders who enter with an OTT should register their horse with OTT Community here: Register | Post Racing Platform (ottcommunity.com.au) and provide their horses registration details (including microchip number) upon entry.
- Barwon Zone – Geelong Racecourse
- June 18
- July 9
- Check the Barwon Zone FB page for more details on how to enter or phone BZ Chief Instructor Emily McDonald on 0417 130 611. (9) BZ Ride to Time | Facebook
- South Metro Zone – Cranbourne Training Complex
- July 16th
- August 6th.
- Entries open via Event Secretary: Event Secretary Events
- Wannon Zone – Penhurst Racecourse
- June 19th –
- Entries open via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wannon Zone – Warrnambool Racecourse
- July 24th, July 31st – entries open via email email@example.com
- North Metro Zone – Yarra Glen Racecourse.
- All qualifiers have concluded.
- If you have not qualified at NMZ events, you can still attend another zone and your times will be provided to NMZ RTT coordinator.
- West Gippsland Zone – Pakenham Racecourse
- June 11
- July 2
- July 23 – entries open here: Event Secretary Events
- North Eastern Zone
- Benalla Racecourse – Dates to be advised. Contact your Zone Representative Ian Don for further details.
- East Gippsland Zone – Moe Racecourse
- June 18 – entries open here: Event Secretary Events
- July 9th – Entries open here: Event Secretary Events
- Central Zone – Contact your zone to find out if Ride To Time is coming to a racecourse near you.
- Midland Zone – Donald Racecourse. Sunday July 24. Entries Open for Midland Zone members only. Read program and find out how to enter here: MZ Ride to Time program 2022
- Northern Zone
- July 10th Kerang Racecourse. Contact Karen Martin to enter firstname.lastname@example.org
By invitation – Saturday September 3rd at Moonee Valley Racecourse
Pony Club Sponsors:
Pony Club Victoria
73-75 MACKIE ROAD, MULGRAVE 3170 | P: 03 8686 8925