An Introduction to Accrediting XC Courses
A one day Introduction to Cross Country Accreditation facilitated by EFI Level 3 Eventing Technical Delegate, Michelle Debenham and EA Level 2 Course Designer, Jarryd Stanley.
The day is aimed at PCV members who assist with building and maintaining cross country fences and courses; riders, parents, and coaches; those who are involved in running cross country competitions and training days; and those who wish to learn about some aspects of the Technical Delegate role.
Attendance is free for all PCV members.
The day will include both classroom and on course sessions and will look to cover topics including:
- Teamwork, communication, and attention to detail
- Importance of documentation
- Speaking with riders, rules on horse welfare and dangerous riding
- Importance of good pictures for sport
- Tools needed as well as physically measuring a fence correctly and measuring course distance
- Securing fences and Frangible devices
- Groundlines, combinations, turns/ flow, and technicality
- Use of the XC App
An optional course walk on the Sunday will also be available. This will be to inspect the Gr1 and Gr2 courses after they have been ridden. This provides the opportunity to evaluate how the course was ridden in relation to what has been discussed on Saturday.
Morning tea will be provided and food trucks available also.
DATE: Saturday 24th September
VENUE: Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre (alongside Werribee Pony Club Horse Trials)
TIME: 9am – 3:30pm
Members must register to attend – Closes 21st September
PLACES ARE LIMITED – SO BE QUICK!
If we fill all places, there will be a wait-list, and we will endeavour to run another workshop as soon as possible!
Enquires – Beth McCann 0425 217 745
Pony Club Sponsors
Pony Club Victoria
73-75 MACKIE ROAD, MULGRAVE 3170 | P: 03 8686 8925