Grant Opportunity Available
Applications are now open for the Sporting Club Grant through Sport and Recreation Victoria.
The Sporting Club Grants Program provides funding for grassroots sport and active recreation organisations across Victoria.
Access to this funding helps clubs and organisations address barriers in participation, develop safe and sustainable practices, and build social and active local communities.
This program assists organisations to purchase sports uniforms and participation equipment, increase the skills of coaches, officials, volunteers and management committees, and supports improvements to club capacity and accessibility.
The Sporting Club Grants Program has three funding categories:
Category 1: Uniforms and Participation Equipment – Up to $1,000 to purchase uniforms and participation equipment;
Category 2: Skill Development – Up to $2,000 (clubs) and $5,000 (associations and leagues) for training courses or projects to upskill coaches, officials, volunteers or management committees; and
Category 3: Operational Capacity – Up to $5,000 for projects that support organisations to operate more effectively in their communities, explore new participation opportunities and plan for future growth to ensure long-term success.
Potential Project Ideas:
- Uniforms for teams or individuals, including players, coaches and officials, participating in sport or active recreation activities. Examples include playing jerseys, shorts, socks and training bibs;
- First aid equipment which is necessary for immediate attention to injury that may occur during participation in sport or active recreation. Examples include first aid kits, defibrillators and stretchers.
- Workshops for volunteers, administrators and committee members. Examples include financial management training, governance, volunteer management, club administration or risk management training.
- First Aid training at club or zone level
- Updating Rules of Incorporation, Constitution or By Laws;
- Preparation of a business plan, strategic plan, succession plan or communications plan;
- Development of policy and procedure manuals. Examples include volunteer compliance procedures, grounds maintenance procedures or a social media policy;
- Development or upgrade of an applicant’s website or membership portal;
Check out the Application Guidelines here: Sporting Club Grants Program Application Guidelines
Go to the Sport and Recreation Victoria website for more information: Sporting Club Grant
Applications close: 21 July 2022
Don’t hesitate to contact the office if you need any support with the grant.
Pony Club Sponsors
Pony Club Victoria
73-75 MACKIE ROAD, MULGRAVE 3170 | P: 03 8686 8925