PONY CLUB AUSTRALIA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
NEXT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS: 2021 | BENALLA | VICTORIA
Where it all began!
In 1995 when Sydney won the bid for the 2000 Olympic Games Roger Braham OAM, of Pony Club New South Wales, wanted to offer an opportunity for Pony Club riders to strive for an Olympic dream.
He dreamt of running a National event, hoping that some of the participants may well be representing Australia at the Olympic Games. His dream became a reality with an event named “Towards 2000” held at Charles Sturt University Wagga Wagga.
Subsequent Championships have not only fostered competition at the highest level but also fellowship and lasting friendships Australia wide. The Championship now hosts these disciplines on a regular basis Dressage, Showjumping, Eventing, Mounted Games, Tetrathlon and Quiz with demonstration sports held each championship. Age groups include SubJunior, Junior & Senior in most disciplines.
- To host riders and horses from all States and Territories in an atmosphere that will enhance and build on the ideals of the Pony Club movement.
- To providing competition in the disciplines of Dressage, Showjumping, Eventing, Tetrathlon, Mounted Games and Quiz.
- To provide excellent facilities and courses to enable top competition so as to assist with the development of those riders competing and to encourage and motivate others in the field to achieve their goals.
- To include all PCV clubs and members in making the championships successful.
- The National Championships are held every two years generally during the September school holidays.
How often can I go?
Pony Club Australia holds the National Pony Club Championships (Nationals) every two years.
Who can attend?
- Each championship the selection process is advertised. Some disciplines have different ways to get involved. Keep an eye on the web and socials for details.