PONY CLUB AUSTRALIA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
NEXT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS: 2021 | BENALLA | VICTORIA
Where it all began!
In 1995 when Sydney won the bid for the 2000 Olympic Games Roger Braham OAM, of Pony Club New South Wales, wanted to offer an opportunity for Pony Club riders to strive for an Olympic dream.
He dreamt of running a National event, hoping that some of the participants may well be representing Australia at the Olympic Games. His dream became a reality with an event named “Towards 2000” held at Charles Sturt University Wagga Wagga.
Subsequent Championships have not only fostered competition at the highest level but also fellowship and lasting friendships Australia wide. The Championship now hosts five disciplines Dressage, Showjumping, Eventing, Mounted Games and Tetrathlon.
- To host riders and horses from all States and Territories in an atmosphere that will enhance and build on the ideals of the Pony Club Movement
- To providing competition in the four disciplines of Dressage, Showjumping, Eventing and Prince Philip Mounted Games
- To provide excellent facilities and courses to enable top competition so as to assist with the development of those riders competing and to encourage and motivate others in the field to achieve their goals
- To include all PCAV clubs and members in making the championships successful
- The National Championships are held every two years generally during the September school holidays. Victorian riding members wishing to compete for Victoria at this event must submit an Expression of Interest. Expressions of Interest are generally called for in January/February of the year of competition.
How often can I go?
Pony Club Australia holds the National Pony Club Championships (Nationals) every two years.
Who can attend?
- For Olympic discipline riders an expression of interest form is completed with riding results to show riding ability. A selection panel then decides the team.
- For Mounted Games teams the riders must attend the Mounted Games Skill Training Clinic. Development squads are selected at this clnic and teams decided from the development squads.
- For Tetrathlon a selection process involves attending clinics and events.