COVID-19 UPDATE | STEP 2 - Coaching Metro Melbourne
20 OCTOBER 2020
COACHING UPDATE METROPOLITAN MELBOURNE STEP 2
PONY CLUB VICTORIA, IS PLEASED TO CONFIRM THAT SUBSEQUENT TO OUR CONVERSATIONS WITH THE VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT, FROM 19 OCTOBER PONY CLUB COACHING CAN RESUME UNDER THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.
Note: Some government websites are still to be updated following the weekend’s announcement allowing the opening of physical recreation and sport facilities for exercise and the expansion of the 25km travel limit.
Coaching or training people is permitted in limited circumstances. Coaching and training must:
- be for exercise purposes.
- be undertaken outdoors. The use of indoor facilities remains prohibited at this time.
- adhere to class size caps relevant to personal trainers (maximum of two people, in addition to the personal trainer or coach)
- adhere to face mask and physical distancing restrictions not allow for equipment to be shared during the class or coaching session
- be undertaken within 25km of the participant’s home or workplace (if they are a permitted worker and carrying a Permitted Worker Permit). Coaches and trainers may travel more than 25km to work but must have a Permitted Worker Permit with them while travelling.
PERMITTED WORKER PERMIT
Pony Club Victoria is not the employer of coaches.
If you are a sole-trader then you must issue a worker permit and sign the worker permit. For the purposes of the worker permit you are considered both the employer and employee. You should complete the employee and employer details.
Further information regarding Permitted Worker Permits can be found on the DHHS Website