The Minister for Sport, the Hon John Eren MP, has extended the Defibrillators for Victorian Sporting Clubs and Facilities Program to provide an additional opportunity for not for profit community sport and active recreation organisations to apply for a defibrillator package.
Non-government, not-for-profit Victorian community organisations and venues, delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria, are invited to consider applying to the program.
The following groups are not eligible to receive an allocation under round five:
- school sport and recreation clubs if participants are current students
- university sport clubs that participate in inter-varsity competitions
- organisations applying to install or locate the defibrillator in sports facilities or other venues that are not in Victoria
- organisations and facilities that have previously received a defibrillator package under this program.
Successful applicants will be allocated a defibrillator package. No direct grants or funding assistance is available under this program.
The package includes a Philips HeartStart FRx defibrillator, some basic training and six years of essential defibrillator maintenance.
Please note that by applying for a defibrillator package the applicant organisation, if successful, is agreeing to:
- register the defibrillator with Ambulance Victoria
- nominate a minimum of five persons who will agree to participate in the training delivered as part of this program
- implement a medical emergency plan that is consistent with the current Sports Medicine Australia guidelines.
The Sport and Recreation Victoria grants page provides more information and links to the program guidelines, eligibility criteria and the on-line application process.
Applications close on Wednesday, 20 June 2018
Applicants please note: For preliminary information on this or any other grant program please contact the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from a mobile phone) on any weekday between 8:30am and 5pm (except for public holidays).