Coaches must be registered on the State Membership Database before coaching at Pony Club and must have a Working with Children's Check.
Who needs to register?
Any person who coaches at Pony Club must be registered with PCAV to be considered a registered and approved coach.
- Reimbursed/Paid Coaches
Any person coaching at a Pony Club who receives reimbursement is required to complete an online membership registration Coaches must print their ticket on completion and show a copy to clubs they are coaching at as evidence of Coach Membership.
- The fee (as @ 2016) for registration is $25 annually, due with the changeover of the Membership Year from 1 July.
- Non-reimbursed/Unpaid Coaches (Volunteer)
Any person coaching at Pony Club who does not receive reimbursement of any kind can now complete online membership registration for free. Volunteer coaches must print their ticket on completion and have validation completed and sent to PCAV.
- Registration for Volunteers (only) is free.
Why do I need to register?
Many reasons including improved communication, statistics, better targeting of resources, risk management and insurance requirements. If you are a coach but not registered as a coach on the PCAV Database you will not be covered by our insurance policy for your coaching activities.
Benefits of Coach Membership
For some time we have tried to find a way of creating a Coach Directory. Many Clubs contact the State Office looking for Coach contacts so this process will enable us to connect Clubs with Coaches (if the Coach wishes!) Coach Directory
- All Coaches, including Preliminary Coaches and other Coaches, approved by PCAV have Public & Products Liability up to $20,000,000, with an excess of $1,000 third party property damage for claims relating to your legal liability to compensate third parties for personal injury or property damage.
- In addition to this NCAS L1 Coaches registered with, and approved by, PCAV have this same Public & Products Liability Insurance whilst coaching an up to date financial member of PCAV for your coaching activities only, outside of usual PCAV organised activities.
See the GowGates Insurance website for futher insurance information.
- NCAS L1 Coaches are also covered for Personal Accident whilst engaged in non-income earning activity involving riding, caring for or handling horses or ponies and attending equestrian activities organised and/or sanctioned by PCAV, in addition while engaged in coaching:
- any PCAV member (including day member) at a PCAV organised and approved event.
- an up-to-date PCAV financial riding member regardless of whether or not you are earning income from that activity.
PCAV encourages all coaches to undertake NCAS accreditation and update it every 4 years. The PCA NCAS Coach Accreditation has been written in line with the PCA Syllabus of Instruction to ensure consistency for all members across our Pony Clubs. With this in mind PCAV offers NCAS Accreditation at heavily subsidised rates to it's members.
For more information on NCAS Coaching go to our Coaching Page or contact the State Coaching Director, Kate Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Facebook & Twitter